Scott M. Charmoy is a partner in Charmoy & Charmoy, LLC with offices in Westport, Stamford and Bridgeport. His practice focuses on debtor and creditor representation in consumer and business bankruptcy cases and on commercial, business and civil litigation, including foreclosure defense.
Scott is an active member of the Connecticut and Greater Bridgeport Bar Associations. He has lectured numerous times for the Connecticut Bar Association and has also given expert testimony on bankruptcy matters. He has also served on the Town of Trumbull's Board of Assessment Appeals and the Town of Easton's Board of Assessment appeals and Board of Zoning Appeals. He is a James W. Cooper Fellow and has been a member of Superlawyers since 2019. He regularly participates in the Volunteer Attorney Program assisting indigent clients in the foreclosure process. He graduated from Duke University in 1992 and from Washington University School.
Washington University School of Law, 1995
Duke University, 1992
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Halo, Inc. vs. Cooper, et al, 3:07-CV-489 (SRU) (Federal Jury Trial)
- Desormes v. Infilaw Corp. (In re Desormes), 569 F. App'x 42 (2d Cir. 2014)
- Small v. Neighborhood Hous. Servs. of New Haven, 589 B.R. 31, 32 (D. Conn. 2018)
- Murphy v. Snyder (In re Snyder), 939 F.3d 92 (2nd Cir 2019)
- Guardian Alarm Servs. v. Rossman (In re Rossman), 2019 Bankr. LEXIS 2279 (D. Conn. 2019)
- What You Need to Know about the "Means Test:" Hot Topics for Chapter 7 and 13 Cases, Connecticut Bar Association, October 2017
- Individual Chapter 11 practice, October 2018, Connecticut Legal Conference.
- Interplay of bankruptcy and divorce, February 2019, Fairfield County Bar Association
- Introduction to Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, Statewide Legal Services, January 2020
- The Small Business Reorganization Act (Subchapter V), Connecticut Bar Association, January 2020
- Impact of bankruptcy on divorce, Connecticut Bar Association, February 2020
- An Introduction to Consumer Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Connecticut Bar Association, May 2020.
- Post-petition income for above median income Debtors and the impact of US Bank vs. Mamudi, Connecticut Legal Conference, November 2020